Sunday, November 29, 2009

OMG Please help, I have to go to work tomorrow?

A while back I had my hair done professionally and it was platinum blonde. I am a natural blonde just not that light. Well, as my roots started coming in it was getting pretty bad. I wanted to dye it just back to my natural color because I am pregnant and don't want to have to keep doing it over again. Well, I used Loreal Couleur Experte 8.2 which is one of the lighter shades. The top of my hair looks great where I did the highlights however in the front toward the bottom my hair is GREY or purplish depending on the light. Is there ANYTHING I can do? I have tried a blonde shampoo and even some of that John Frieda hair glaze stuff. Nothing is working. I looks a little better but it is still really noticeable. Especially when I show up to work, I was platinum on Friday and grey on Monday.... I can just hear the "blonde who dyed her hair gray" jokes. Please Help!!! I went to their website to get the number but something is wrong with the website and it won't go to the help pag



OMG Please help, I have to go to work tomorrow?

If your husband threw out the box bring a piece of paper with you to the store and write down the number :P And if it looks that bad you just might have too buy more dye.



Good luck :)



OMG Please help, I have to go to work tomorrow?

I haven't had good results with Couleur Experte. The highlights were fried, fried, fried.



You could go to a salon, if one is open.



I would isolate the highlights that you like and then re-dye the rest in a soft brown.



TX Mom



OMG Please help, I have to go to work tomorrow?

First of all, let me just say that I totally sympathize with your situation. I've been there. For a while I dyed my hair a really light blonde by myself, but then when I started experimenting with different shades and brands and highlights and lowlights, I consequently got uneven color. Some of my hair looked blonde, some of it looked sort of orange, and some of it looked -- you guessed it! -- gray! Of course, I panicked because when I did this dye job it was a school night, so I begged my mom to take me to the 24-hour Walgreen's.



What I ended up doing was buying a box of color stripper and a box of hair dye that was a few shades darker than what I had been sporting. If you decide to use a color stripper, I must warn you about a few things.



1. First and foremost, read ALL the directions and warnings before you start mixing anything.



2. EXPECT your hair to turn bright orange or yellow! It will NOT return your hair to its original color. Bummer, I know.



3. You HAVE to use this product in a well-ventilated area -- especially since you're pregnant. DO NOT think that your bathroom is a good place just because it has an exhaust fan. In fact, if at all possible, walk around outside after using the color stripper.



4. Leave the color stripper on for the maximum time that it recommends for your hair color/type. I know it's hard to be patient when your hair starts turning bright orange/gold, but leaving it on for the specified time is key to successful color stripping!



5. Finally, rinse, Rinse, RINSE!



Once you're done with the color stripper, follow all the directions for the hair dye EXACTLY, paying special attention to the time chart. Since your hair has a gray tint to it, you don't want to pick a color that has "ash" in it (i.e., cool tones). Additionally, since you will have just stripped your hair, don't go with something that has too many warm tones in it either. Try to find a color that says "natural tones" on it.



If all of this sounds like too much work and too unpredictable, and the thought of stripping your hair scares you, then try putting your hair up in a French twist or a bun on Monday -- and schedule an appointment for the hair salon ASAP!



I hope my advice helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan